The Association of Moving Image Archivists (AMIA) is a nonprofit
international association dedicated to the preservation and use of moving
image media. AMIA supports public and professional education and
fosters cooperation and communication among the individuals and
organizations concerned with the acquisition, preservation, description,
exhibition, and use of moving image materials.
- Provide a regular means of exchanging information, ideas, and assistance; foster collaboration. Support education and professional development.
- Organize the Annual AMIA Conference
- Develop/host workshops, screenings, and advanced technical symposia.
- Publish AMIA’s semi-annual journal, The Moving Image, and the quarterly AMIA Newsletter.
- Establish and administer scholarship, fellowship, internship and visiting archivist programs.
- Honor the work of archivists and archival organizations.
- Take responsible positions on matters affecting moving image archives.
- Promote professional standards and practices.
- Stimulate and facilitate research on matters affecting moving image archives.
- Manage AMIA-L and AMIA-Member.
- Collaborate with appropriate institutions/organizations to design/promote/implement national moving image preservation policies and plans.
- Encourage public awareness and interest in moving image preservation and use as an important educational, historical and cultural resource.
For more information, visit AMIA’s website.